Thursday, May 13, 2010

Our new puppy, Lucy!

Here is our sweet puppy, Lucy! We just adopted her from a local animal rescue center called Brother Wolfe here in Asheville. One evening while my husband and I were watching T.V., a commercial came on about the new 'pet finder' app for our iPhone. See, I've have been begging for months to adopt a puppy, so this app was the perfect timing for us to "browse!" Well to my surprise, my hubby downloaded the free app, and within 15 minutes, we came across a litter of these sweet puppies. The next day, I pleaded with David to go down to the shelter to meet her, and without hesitation he said yes! The moment we laid eyes on her, we knew she was going to be a part of our family. She actually choose us, to be honest. Lucy was the first puppy to come to me when I entered her cage with her 3 others sisters. We held her in our arms and instantly fell in love.

She is 12 weeks old and is a mixture of part Retriver and part Spaniel. Lucy's personality is really beginning to come out the more time she is feeling safe with us. {She's actually sleeping beside me, dreaming of chasing birds or something because her legs are moving and I can hear her sort of barking!} Everyone that meets her, says she is the sweetest and most calm dog they have ever met. Lucy really is gentle with kids and so friendly to everybody. We just adore her. {she knows I'm writing about her...she just woke up and came over to meet and put her paw on my leg!}. Maybe it's because she wants to go outside now....gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment