Monday, June 13, 2011

Girls On The Run 5K event in Biltmore Park

These very courageous and dedicated girls ran their first 5K at Biltmore Park last weekend and rocked it!!!!

I was hired to photograph the event and document every aspect of it, from the girls getting their 'game faces on' to group shots of the participating schools/ teams, to the coaches who inspired them, to the local stars from WLOS Channel 13 news and multiple local radio stations, to the sponsors and volunteers who support this amazing organization, to the beginning of the race all the way to the tearful end {whew, that is a mouth full!}.

Speaking of tears, I welled up quite a bit looking through my camera's view finder, as I saw, up close and personal the overwhelming emotions I felt from many of the girls who emulated so much pride and a grand sense of accomplishment! I was touched by the WNC local communities "it takes a village" type support and couldn't believe how amazing the turn out really was. I hear it continues to grow exponentially every year! Keep up the great work everyone.

Thank you to all who participated in this event and for allowing me to be able to document this very inspiring day!!!


































No comments:

Post a Comment